WordPress is one of the most popular blogging platforms around. It offers an easy-to-use interface and will allow you to build stunning websites in minutes. At DIHOST, you can install WordPress through the Auto Installer or manually.
Before proceeding, please ensure that you have added the domain you would like to install WordPress on to the cloud panel and you are able to access it. If you have not added the domain to the cloud panel yet, please see our domain setup article.
Installation using Auto Installer
This is the most easiest way and is recommended for all users.
- Login to the cloud panel.
- Go to
Applications, select the desired domain and click
Auto Installerin the application menu.
- Click the
- Complete the form that appears with the following details:
- For Site Name, enter the name of your website.
- For Site Description, enter a short description or slogan that will appear under the site name/logo.
- Do not check the Multidomain checkbox if you are not familiar with it.
- For Admin Username and Admin Password you can define your desired login credentials that will be used to login to the WordPress administration.
- For Admin Email enter your e-mail address where important site notifications will be sent to.
- Choose the desired language in the drop-down to complete the form. If your language is not listed, do not worry, you can change it later within the WordPress administration.
Install Applicationand wait for the installation to complete.
Once the installation is complete, you can begin working on your WordPress site. The WordPress administration can be accessed at
domain.com with your domain name).
In case you have forgotten the Admin Password, do not worry. If this is a fresh installation, simply click
Remove WordPress to remove it and start a new installation.
If you like you can install WordPress on your own, without the Auto Installer. This requires some basic knowledge of web hosting and databases.
- Download the latest version of WordPress from
- Unzip the file on your computer.
- Upload the files using a FTP client – see this article for more information on how to use FTP accounts.
- Create a database user and database in the cloud panel and note down the credentials.
- Visit your domain name and you should be redirected to the WordPress installation wizard.
- You will be asked to enter some basic information, and to provide database credentials (from step 4).
Once the installation is complete, you can begin working on your WordPress site.
If you need help at any of these steps please contact customer support at any time.